Student Travel Awards
The Texas A&M University One Health Initiative, together
with the College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences,
is committed to supporting graduate and professional students who
are involved in One Health-related endeavors. The One Health
Student Travel Awards were established to provide students with
partial funding for travel to a conference in their field,
ultimately encouraging collaboration and engagement at state,
national, and international levels.
One Health Research Student Travel
The One Health Research Student Travel Award is awarded to
selected students to present One Health-related research at a
scientific conference of their choice. Funding may be awarded for
up to $500 of travel costs.
Applications open: Monday, March 13, 2017
Applications close: Friday, April 7, 2017 at 5:00pm CST
How to Apply:
Eligibility & Requirements:
- Applicant must be a student registered in a graduate or
professional program at Texas A&M University at the time of
- The meeting or conference must be professional in nature and of
scientific importance in the student's field of study, contributing
to a societal need with a One Health approach. Domestic and
international conferences are eligible.
- The student must be the first and the presenting
author. All students are limited to one travel award
per academic year.
- An abstract and evidence of its acceptance is required. The
presentation must be a poster or oral format.
- Applications must be submitted a minimum of six weeks
before travel. No awards will be given retroactively.
- Funding will be provided via reimbursement after travel is
If you are awarded a One Health Travel Award:
- Travel awards may be used toward costs such as registration,
transportation, lodging, and meals.
- If you receive additional travel awards for the same meeting,
those awards will be applied first to your travel expenses.
Your One Health Student Travel Award will be applied to the
remainder of your expenses.
- Acknowledge the Texas A&M One Health Initiative and the
Texas A&M University College of Veterinary Medicine &
Biomedical Sciences as sponsors and include these two logos on your
poster and/or oral presentation. Please remember to also
acknowledge others who contribute funding.
- Submit a summary (100 words or less) that responds to the
following prompts no less than two weeks after you return from the
- Summary of my take-away/benefit from this conference;
- Statement on the impact the travel award had on my experience;
- A quote from my mentor about my role in this research
- Submit an engaging photo of yourself at the conference that can
be used in the One Health marketing materials (e.g. action shot of
you with your presentation, active participation in conference
Frequently Asked Questions:
- I have submitted an abstract, but it has not been accepted yet.
Can I apply? Yes! Please submit the completed application with
proof that your abstract has been submitted. A full abstract and
evidence of its acceptance is required before any funds are
released for your travel.